Frequently Asked Questions about Workamping.
Whether you're...Read more
The largest quantity and widest variety of Workamping opportunities lives here in the Workamper News system! Many are familiar with our Hotline system - a daily email and website page - but there are actually 8 avenues that Workampers can use to connect with the most opportunities possible.
We recommend a two-prong approach for job-finding: 1. Review posted opportunities, and 2. Put yourself out there. Be sure to stay connected and use the following tools frequently. Job-finding is a year-round process; you never know when the right opportunity will come available!
Our Diamond level membership provides the best toolkit for making it easier to find and connect with the Workamping jobs that are right for you. But, all levels of Workamper members have many of these avenues available to them.
Here are 8 avenues for connecting with Employers:
1. Hotline email & website page. Each weekday we send the daily Hotline email which includes job listings submitted that day. We recommend keeping these emails in a folder in your email program and creating your own archive.
When logged in here at Workamper.com, click on the Hotline Jobs button on the Dashboard. On the Hotline Jobs page* you can review all ads posted within the last 14 days. You can use the variety of search criteria fields to narrow them down to what you're looking for.
You can also receive Job Alert Emails* based on your state preferences. A Job Alert email is sent out as soon as a new ad is posted to the website, and the email contains the full ad text. You can select to only receive Job Alert emails for certain states you want to be in. Go to the Manage Account page to turn on Job Alert emails and select your states (down in the Communication Preferences section).
2. Bi-monthly magazine archive. Our magazine includes thousands of jobs in each issue; ads are organized by state alphabetically. On the website, click on the Online Magazine button.
We recommend looking through the past issues if you're looking for a specific area or type of job. Just because an employer is not currently advertising elsewhere does not mean they no longer hire Workampers. Can't hurt to ask!
3. Featured Employers. These employers have compiled more details on their opportunities for Workampers. www.workamper.com/fe
4. Volunteer Opportunities. Workamping for non-profits - www.workamper.com/volunteer-opportunities
5. Jobinars. Recorded videos employers made giving details about their jobs. www.workamper.com/jobinars
6. Workamper Show Podcast. About every other episode, we interview an employer describing their Workamping jobs. www.workampershow.com
7. Resume Builder*. Use our step-by-step Resume Builder to create your online Awesome Applicants Resume that you can make available in our resume database and email to any employer. Many employers do all of their recruiting by searching the database and never even advertise.
8. Situations Wanted Ad*. You can also run a Situations Wanted (work wanted) ad here on the website - further advertising yourselves. Your 75-word ad runs for 2 months at a time. You can keep an ad running year-round if you like.
The above are just a few tools/services we provide to our members. For help on using your member tools to the fullest, check out the Member Manual (PDF) and feel free to contact our team with any questions - [email protected] 800-446-5627.
*Requires a Workamper Diamond or Platinum level membership.
285 Rainbow Road
Heber Springs, Arkansas 72543
Designed & Developed by pleth
Workamper News Inc.
Celebrating over 25 years of helping great people find great jobs in great places