Valuable Website Resources
Did you know there is a way to get information on road closures nationally? There are links for weather and road conditions, traffic conditions, regional information, construction related and America’s Traveler Information Number: 511. Go HERE to see more!
While you are traveling, or once you have reached a destination, you can get information about local businesses, maps and directions, coupons and city guides at http://www.yellowpages.com
The Mayo Clinic has a Health Information website that you can explore to research diseases and conditions, drugs and supplements, and even possible causes for your symptoms on their site. Plus, healthy living tips, tests and procedure information. This is a valuable medical resource for anyone.
The American Hospital Directory gives free hospital profile information to help you make an educated decision as to which hospital to go to. You also can find out State and National statistics and other important data at the site.
Another great medical resource is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This website provides information to assist travelers and health-care providers in many ways, and offers general information on vaccinations, diseases, illness and injury prevention, travel health references, news and announcements related to disasters and things to be cautious of.
Hopefully, you won’t have to use the above resources this Fourth of July, but they are all good websites to be aware of.
While you are at it, …how about…
Join the Discussions on These Hot Topics!
Log in (or register at) Workamper Forums
- “DA (Dumb A#$) Question” about “DH.” Help out at the Workampers Forum (Member-only).
- If you are researching employers, start at the Workamper Experiences Forum (Member-only).
- Post your images at the Workamper Images Forum (Member-only) and check out the ones already there!
- “we just accepted our first assignment!” Add congratulations at the General Workamping Forum.
- “5th wheel hitches” What do you recommend? Weigh in at the Full-timing Forum.
- Let’s hear from solo workers at the Solo Workamping Forum.
- Check out the latest projects at the DIY, Mods & Upgrades Forum. You can upload photos too!
- More discussion at “How many of you guys have discovered FACEBOOK?” Add yours at the Workamper Interests and Hobbies Forum.
Join Other Workampers and Dreamers October 18-20 at the Rendevous!
What did attendees at the first Rendezvous have to say about it? Here are just some of their comments:
“Informative; rewarding; great way to make friends, learn how to utilize Workamper News’ online tools, improve your resume and chance to be hired; ask questions about various employer and volunteer opportunities; fix your rig; improve organization skills; cook in a smaller kitchen; save on taxes; and so much more!”
Reserve your spot for the OCTOBER 18-20, 2011 Rendezvous in Heber Springs today at an Early Bird price! Regular price–$148; register now and get $50 off!
AWESOME BONUS DAYS to follow the October Workamper Rendezvous?
Go HERE to to find out about the optional bonus sessions taking place on Friday, October 21st after the Rendezvous has come to a close. This time, there are FIVE GREAT OPTIONS. Here they are, in a nutshell:
1. RV Maintenance with Certificate presented by Terry Cooper—8 hour course teaches you all about your rig, helping you save time and money on repairs and maintenance. Full details HERE.
2. Workamping 101 with Jaimie Hall Bruzenak—RV Lifestyle Expert, Jaimie will lead you in steps to find a job, write your resume, research employers, prepare for the interview. Go to Jaimie’s Options to learn more.
3. Resume Makeovers, by Jaimie Hall Bruzenak. Receive 3 versions of your resume: one for printing, one for Awesome Applicant resume and one formatted for emailing. Plus an interview coaching session.
4. Small Business Tax & Legal Symposium with Mark Kohler, CPA and Attorney at Law. (Mark) will be presenting 6 hours of live instruction that will take your business development and tax planning strategies to a new level. Learn about the benefits of owning your own small business!
5. Workamper Tax Pro Secrets with George Montgomery, Enrolled Agent. This six hour course will discuss your domicile and multi-state tax returns, travel expense deductions and home base choices. Make sure you are getting the lowest tax liability!
Sign up for any of the BONUS DAY options after the Workamper Rendezvous on October 21, 2011, by going to the Rendezvous registration website.