Terry Cooper – America’s RV Expert
Terry is well respected by the RV Association within Texas and has built a high level of integrity within the RV technical training community.
Who would have thought that in the fall of 2004 when the first class of Recreational Vehicle Technicians began school at Texas State Technical College, history was being made? What started out as a request by the Texas Recreational Vehicle Association (TRVA) would become a reality of the only technician training facility west of the Mississippi River.
When Terry began working on the production line for the Skyline Corporation in Mansfield, Texas in 1972, he began the journey that would take him to where he is today. This Master Certified RV Technician and licensed insurance claims adjuster would develop, from concept to implementation, a training program that would take an inexperienced person and in one year train them to be certified RV Technician working in the RV industry.
He has been a featured guest and technical advisor on two segments of Classic Rides, a DIY Network Series that featured a 1970 Air Stream Renovation Project. Terry is the Host and Technical Advisor for the internet TV program Everything RVTV, where he teaches the RV consumer do-it-yourself skills to enhance their RV lifestyle.
Terry was the advisor and spokesperson for the Texas State Technical College recruiting video that is used in the local high schools to recruit candidates for the RV program. The Texas RV Professor has been a guest speaker and lecturer at various consumer RV shows and aftermarket trade fairs.
He has written articles for RV Pro Magazine and the TRVA Scanner. The Texas RV Professor has also written and produced books and DVDs for the Take Home Technician Series for RV Consumers.
- Recipient of the National Scholastic Achievement Award – Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA)
- Master Certified Recreational Vehicle Service Technician – RVIA/RVDA
- Technical Instructor at Texas State Technical College in Waco, Texas – developed RV instructional lectures, labs and hands–on layout of the RV Technician Training Program.
- Licensed LP Appliances and Gas Systems – the Texas Railroad Commission
- Licensed Claims Adjuster – Property and Casualty insurance claims adjuster – State of Texas
- Designed and taught RV Certification Preparation Course to assist technical students in preparation for national certification for RV technician testing
Television and Video
- DIY – Classic Rides – Airstream Trailer Refurbishing. Technical Advisor and guest on two episodes
- Everything RVTV – Consumer Tech Tips
- Host and Technical Advisor of EverythingRVTV.com
- Board of Directors – Texas Recreational Vehicle Association (TRVA). Education Committee and Service Committee.
- Technical Member of the Recreational Vehicle Technology Advisory Committee at Texas State Technical College.
- Member of the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) Textbook Writing Committee.
- Trainer and Exam Proctor for RVDA/RVIA Technician Certification Exam
- RVDA/RVIA RV Service Technician
- Master Certified RV Technicians
- Texas Railroad Commission
- RV Tech – LP Gas
- Motor/Mobile Fuel (ASME) Dispenser – LP Gas
- DOT cylinder filler – LP Gas
- State of Texas Insurance Board
- Claims Adjuster – Property and Casualty License# 1115702
Married to “Lady E” – Evada L. (Praesel) Cooper. Four daughters – Michelle, Rachel, Stephanie and Gina. Owned by “Roady” the RV dog and “Ginger” the W.W.D. (Wonder Weenie Dog).
This husband and father of four daughters and grandfather of eight has found that the American Family can truly enjoy the Go RVing lifestyle.
Whether in the classroom, speaking to the public at an RV show, writing an article for next month’s issue or being in front of the camer filming his next training episode, Terry Cooper is always striving to be “America’s RV Expert.”