You may not get rich quick, but we’re here to continue sharing with you about how Workampers can best deal with the GAS PRICE DILEMMA—
- Plan ahead, if you can, for your fuel stops. Driving a few blocks further away from a major highway can often mean a better price.
- Take notes on where you found the best prices for the next time you are traveling a route.
- Try to avoid traveling on holiday weekends or in tourist locations where supply and demand sometimes dictate the price.
- The “lead foot syndrome” can mean more money spent on fill-ups. Maintaining a steady speed, preferably around 55 mph, can reward you with better gas mileage.
- Carrying extra weight in your RV (or vehicle) will cause excessive gasoline costs. Carry only enough fresh water to see you through a night. It’s hard to imagine, but true: a 75 pound tank filled with water weighs about 600 pounds! Also, empty your gray and black-water tanks before you drive down the road.
- Be sure to keep your tires inflated to the ideal tire pressure.
- As you make your way to your new destination, you might want to boondock (dry camp) overnight to save a few extra bucks. In most areas, Wal-Marts, Cracker Barrel restaurants, Flying J Truck stops, and Camping World welcome RVers to spend a night in their parking lot. Just don’t forget to patronize them, ask permission, and be considerate.
Arline Chandler sent some tips & tricks she received from someone at Kinder Morgan Pipeline in San Jose, CA:
- Fill Up your vehicle in the early morning when ground temperature is cold; the warmer the gas is, the more it expands;
- Do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode (kind of difficult for RVers to do with our big tanks! ) thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while pumping.
- Fill your gas tank when it is just half-full; the more gas you have in the tank, the less air occupying its empty space.
- Do not fill up your tank when a gasoline truck is pumping into the storage tanks; as the gas gets stirred up, you might pick up some of the dirt that settles onto the bottom.
At The Forums:
Join the discussions on these hot topics!
- Any information on “Amazon locations”? Join in at the Workampers (Subscriber-only) Forum.
- If you are researching employers, start at the Workamper Employer (Subscriber-only) Forum.
- Post your images at the new Subscriber-only Workamper Images Forum and check out the ones already there!
- Any ideas for ” Short-term Workamping ?” Add yours at the General Workamping Forum
- What could cause a “booth storage odor”? Voice your ideas and suggestions in at the Fulltiming Forum
- Congratulations to “Accepted Host Position.” Add yours at the Solo Workamping Forum.
- Check out the latest projects at the new DIY, Mods & Upgrades Forum. You can upload photos too!
- ” Kindle?” or Nook? Find pros and cons of each in the Workamper Interests and Hobbies Forum.
Log in (or register at) Workamper Forums
Read the Newest Viewpoint Article
PSST! Have you wondered whatever happened to Bob & Carol, Ted & Alice? Click here . . . to find out! Hint: They are Workamping! Isn’t that amazing?
That means there are two things that beg to be seriously considered:
Number One: Whether to become a Lifetime Gold member;
Number Two: Whether to come to Heber Springs for the first-ever Workamper Rendezvous!
In our opinion, well…you know what our opinion is. All we ask is that you take the time to go to our web-pages designed to answer your questions about each one.
The Hotlines each day this week will give you two different advantages of Gold membership for a total of ten! Then, consider that the$299 Lifetime Membership price is less than just two years’ dues for Gold membership. You won’t get an offer like this ever again! Need more explanation? Read Ted & Alice’s experiences in the Viewpoint Article mentioned above; and, go to www.workamper.com and click on “Workamper News For Life!”
We are doing everything we can to have a wonderful Workamper Rendezvous April 26-28, 2011. Our website has been updated with even more offerings than ever. If we could, we’d control the weather so it’s a perfect day like today is, with sunshine and a nice breeze for all the scheduled outdoor events. The good thing is the Heber Springs Community Center is the perfect setting for our classes and indoor events. You’ll be impressed! Please sign up soon from www.workamper.com -> Workamper Rendezvous.
Check Out “Pages”
Be informed about what is happening in the RV INDUSTRY: Read the RV Industry News under the grey column next to this article marked “Pages.”