BOB AND MARY VOLUNTEER
We are Bob and Mary Volunteer. We are seeking a volunteer position at a federal or state location; Bob in maintenance or using his photography skills, Mary in reservations or other customer-contact position.
Bob has years of experience in maintenance including janitorial, landscaping and light maintenance. He takes great pride in his work. Mary has worked many years helping visitors of all backgrounds and ages enjoy their stay in several government areas, working in several aspects of visitor contact.
Bob built his own home and has remodeled other homes including doing rewiring, painting, hanging drywall, and installing cabinets. He has also maintained an office and property completing simple electrical repairs, and making plumbing and carpentry upgrades and repairs. He has mowed a five-acre lawn using riding mowers. He worked for the town of Workamper for 15 years in maintenance, working with a diversity of employees and managers. He was on call 24/7. He also ran his own landscaping business, dealing with customers.
Mary has assisted visitors of all ages while working for different government agencies. Her duties included answering questions and registering campers. She has helped conduct school group tours, showed videos, and explained agency regulations. Using the computer, she regularly looked up area information for visitors and helped solve campsite problems.
Working in a gift shop, Mary dealt with customers in selecting and paying for merchandise. She operated the cash register, electric and non-electric credit card machines, inventoried and stocked supplies, handled money and made bank deposits. In one position, she helped maintain facilities including restrooms and lawn and flower gardens. She hiked trails, picking up litter and removing hazards.
Mary has worked at ABC State Park near ThisTown, Apostle Islands National Seashore and others.
- Carpentry - install cabinets, make repairs, framing
- Plumbing - install dishwasher, garbage disposal, faucets, repairs
- Electrical - install lights, fans, repair cords
- Painting - prep, prime and apply latex and enamel paints indoors and outdoors
- Landscaping - plant grass, trees, shrubs, maintain yard
- Maintenance - cleaned buildings and restrooms for the town for 15 years
- People - deal with co-workers, customers, managers and townspeople
- Customer service - worked at busy reservations desk, answering questions
- Registration - registered campers, boaters
- Sales - gift shop items, handled money, credit cards, helped choose appropriate items
- Inventory - counted inventory and stocked shelves, priced items
- Maintenance - cleaned restrooms, cared for lawn and flower gardens, picked up litter
We’ve been RVers for years, full-time for two years. We have a 2004 32' Winnebago Journey with a Jeep Liberty toad. Mary was a Girl Scout leader for 12 years and a camp director for a summer camp. She loves to hike. Bob retired in 2008. See our Web site: Bob_Mary_Volunteer.com